THE GOLDEN PATHWAY
BY D VINOD KUMAR MEMORY REWINDS
My eyes still search for that good heart
A good one day when it was a great day had come for me go to kalkatta for an
Interview at a very good reputed it company, but before the actual day came
And had to move from bbsr to kalkata my legs wont support me neither my
Back the pain was so tough it was very hard to walk even a little bit , but somehow managed to sit on the train and slept off and the very nest day reached kalkata somehow or the other managed to reach the hall with nostop Vomiting and high fever , but due to a good genuine taxi driver he did not charge much but took care to see I was not troubled he left me back at the .
Station I asked him for the charge of the taxi he took less than the nominal charge I asked him why he said sir your condition is so horrible youshuld be admitted to the hospital, to which I ony smiled and said don’t worry dear my return ticket is in the night rather take a room and rest , I went to the station counter of the waitng room as I was booking the room I saw there was nobody
In the room except me and the person on the counter had to pay the advance amount for the room , and me so tired and unwell almost gone to faint was going to pay when suddenly a person said from the back I will take care allot him a room , and I took the keys and went to the sleep took two pain killers
And went off to sleep ,in deep sleep woke up in the evening , surprised when I woke to see a person sitting beside me on a stool , I asked yes sir who are you
He said a good gentle man said that you are not well and to sit near until he wakes up and take care and I asked him whom he was , and he said he doesn’t know , I enquired the counter they said they don’t know the man who paid for me he just came and went away , I still wonder who he was the good heart , still searching for him. as after many years down the line as
I once was travelling on a train from Jaipur to Mumbai on some official work to
Attend a meeting , a strange thing happened , I don’t know whether helping somebody in need
And at the right moment was a good thing or not , it s happened that the co passengers who were travelling with me had a e ticket , and by co incidence they forgot to bring the I card with them , and being caught by the TT , The TT charged double of the cost of the ticket and since it was AC coach ,
The ticket were ought to be higher , and the sad thing was the couple had a shortage of cash , they asked for help from everybody , and they had the time till the next station or else the tt would be really
Harsh on them , first I thought to help then I said if I help then I will be in trouble because I had forgetten to bring my card and who in the world will help me in Mumbai which was a new place to me ,
And as there is no short of ADVICES instead of helping or to take a collective decision nobody came forward to help , and when the passenger asked me if I can help I told him lets see delhi is not very far away a favourite line learnt in history during school , as the station arrived the TT ws no where to be seen , surprisingly the passenger told me the TT had returned his ticket without charging anything , onto which I told him sorry dear nobody does for free , I had paid him the entire cost of the ticket without his knowledge , and sat quietly back , I neither knew the passenger nor I have met him , many of the passengers told me I wont get the money back to which I replied I have the return ticket with me so no problems , somehow I will manage it , but if I would have been in there place the same thing could have happened to me also , to say one thing only to help it also not necessary that one should know somebody and then help , and the next day when I came down from the train I started walking towards the station to catch a taxi to which the passenger please sir wait for five minutes my younger brother would be bringing the cash , and I waited and atlast he returned the money to me ,
I thought was I a hero or a saviour , but I knew one thing we may remember so many things of the past with a rewind of the memory , but we forget important things and make a mess of our life and the story continues .as one hand somebody helped and the other hand
It was passed to another , and it continues to pass
A good one day when it was a great day had come for me go to kalkatta for an
Interview at a very good reputed it company, but before the actual day came
And had to move from bbsr to kalkata my legs wont support me neither my
Back the pain was so tough it was very hard to walk even a little bit , but somehow managed to sit on the train and slept off and the very nest day reached kalkata somehow or the other managed to reach the hall with nostop Vomiting and high fever , but due to a good genuine taxi driver he did not charge much but took care to see I was not troubled he left me back at the .
Station I asked him for the charge of the taxi he took less than the nominal charge I asked him why he said sir your condition is so horrible youshuld be admitted to the hospital, to which I ony smiled and said don’t worry dear my return ticket is in the night rather take a room and rest , I went to the station counter of the waitng room as I was booking the room I saw there was nobody
In the room except me and the person on the counter had to pay the advance amount for the room , and me so tired and unwell almost gone to faint was going to pay when suddenly a person said from the back I will take care allot him a room , and I took the keys and went to the sleep took two pain killers
And went off to sleep ,in deep sleep woke up in the evening , surprised when I woke to see a person sitting beside me on a stool , I asked yes sir who are you
He said a good gentle man said that you are not well and to sit near until he wakes up and take care and I asked him whom he was , and he said he doesn’t know , I enquired the counter they said they don’t know the man who paid for me he just came and went away , I still wonder who he was the good heart , still searching for him. as after many years down the line as
I once was travelling on a train from Jaipur to Mumbai on some official work to
Attend a meeting , a strange thing happened , I don’t know whether helping somebody in need
And at the right moment was a good thing or not , it s happened that the co passengers who were travelling with me had a e ticket , and by co incidence they forgot to bring the I card with them , and being caught by the TT , The TT charged double of the cost of the ticket and since it was AC coach ,
The ticket were ought to be higher , and the sad thing was the couple had a shortage of cash , they asked for help from everybody , and they had the time till the next station or else the tt would be really
Harsh on them , first I thought to help then I said if I help then I will be in trouble because I had forgetten to bring my card and who in the world will help me in Mumbai which was a new place to me ,
And as there is no short of ADVICES instead of helping or to take a collective decision nobody came forward to help , and when the passenger asked me if I can help I told him lets see delhi is not very far away a favourite line learnt in history during school , as the station arrived the TT ws no where to be seen , surprisingly the passenger told me the TT had returned his ticket without charging anything , onto which I told him sorry dear nobody does for free , I had paid him the entire cost of the ticket without his knowledge , and sat quietly back , I neither knew the passenger nor I have met him , many of the passengers told me I wont get the money back to which I replied I have the return ticket with me so no problems , somehow I will manage it , but if I would have been in there place the same thing could have happened to me also , to say one thing only to help it also not necessary that one should know somebody and then help , and the next day when I came down from the train I started walking towards the station to catch a taxi to which the passenger please sir wait for five minutes my younger brother would be bringing the cash , and I waited and atlast he returned the money to me ,
I thought was I a hero or a saviour , but I knew one thing we may remember so many things of the past with a rewind of the memory , but we forget important things and make a mess of our life and the story continues .as one hand somebody helped and the other hand
It was passed to another , and it continues to pass